Iridiagnosis And Other Diagnostic Methods

Iridology Forum links

Iridology references

Other Useful Iridology Sites



Signs of Poisons in the Eye

Outline of the section: Some of the best known and most widely used of these poisons, their signs in the iris and their effects upon the system are described by Dr Henry Lindlahr, M. D.

The mineral elements discussed in the previous chapter are normally present in animal and human bodies and therefore are not poisonous in themselves unless ingested in the inorganic mineral form. There are, however, many inorganic and organic substances so inimical to health and life that Nature never designed either animal or human bodies to receive them as foods or medicine. They are always poisonous to the system, even when taken in small quantities, and have a strong tendency to accumulate in parts and organs for which they exhibit particular affinity. Their presence and location is shown in the iris by well defined signs and discolorations as presented in the color plate on page 116. In the following I shall describe some of the best known and most widely used of these poisons, their signs in the iris and their effects upon the system.

Difficulties the Iridologist Must Meet

In the majority of cases the iris plainly displays signs of poisonous substances. However, when the diagnostician describes these poison records in the iris, the patient frequently denies with vehemence ever having taken "anything of the kind". He is unmindful of the following facts:

First, that poisons are absorbed and thereafter remain indefinitely in certain parts of the system unless eliminated by radical methods.

Second, that in the treatment of some "trifling children's disease", frequently enough poisons are given to affect the vital organs and the iris for life.

Third, that poisons may be absorbed not only from patent medicines and remedies prescribed by physicians, but in various other ways, as lead from water pipes and glassware, from paints and printer's type; mercury in mines, smelters, mirror factories and from cosmetics; arsenic from green colors, wall paper, stuffed animals, etc. Almost every known poison is now used extensively in the arts and industries and in the preparation of multitudinous foods and other articles for daily use.

Reports of government chemists in Washington, whose duty it is to examine food products for purity and quality, reveal astonishing conditions. They show that almost every kind of food for sale in grocery and market is contaminated or adulterated with deleterious substances, inorganic minerals, anilin dyes and various sorts of chemicals and poisons.

Comments like the following by Dr. Wiley are common in magazines and the daily press, and are of interest in this connection:

"Professor Wiley's reference was particularly to the anilin dyes, derived from coal tar, which are used for coloring jellies and wines, as well as a great number of other food products and drinkables. Not long ago the Bureau of Chemistry dyed experimentally a number of pieces of white silk with chemical colors obtained from various liquors and articles of diet put up for commercial purposes.

"Preserved cherries, utilized in this manner, furnished a yard of pink silk; currant jam a yard of salmon silk; port wine a yard of purple silk; Burgundy wine a yard of magenta silk; tomato catsup a yard of light red silk, etc. The "rosaline" used for coloring corned beef and sausage gave a dye of a beautiful and brilliant red. But in this line nothing has been found so suggestive of the rainbow as soda water syrups, which, taken in a bunch, are a chemical polychrome.

''The cheap candies which the children buy are of times most deleterious, containing clay, arsenic, sulphate of copper, and even prussic acid. Also, they are colored with the deadly anilin dyes. Many of the cheaper brands of chocolate on the market are composed mainly of starch and animal fat. They do not taste much like chocolate, but they easily pass for it, with the addition of oxid of iron--that is to say, iron rust--to give the requisite color.

"One plate of cheap ice cream analyzed at the Bureau of Chemistry was found to contain as much fusel oil as five glasses of bad whisky. Of strawberry flavor, or what passed for such, it was in truth a chemical compound.

"A medicinal dose of sulphate of copper is three grains. Eat three small, artificially greened pickles, and you will get an equal quantity of this dangerous chemical. The salts of copper and zinc are commonly employed to give a green color to peas, beans and other vegetables preserved for market in cans or glass jars."

Reports like the foregoing explain how certain poison signs may appear in the iris, even when the victim is unaware of "ever having taken such things".

Many people believe that the passage of the Pure Food Law has done away with wholesale food poisoning. They are seriously mistaken. All that the Pure Food Law prohibits is the use of poisonous substances in quantities large enough to injure the human body immediately. The law does not take into consideration the fact that the destructive effects may be cumulative and remote. In this respect the government falls into the same error as the medical profession. This is not to be wondered at since representatives of the allopathic school of medicine have assisted in framing these laws.

A single dose of a certain drug poison given as medicine or used as a food preservative may not be harmful, but these poisons, as proved by the records in the iris, have a tendency to accumulate in the system in certain parts or organs for which they exhibit a special affinity. Therefore many small consecutive doses of poisonous medicines or food preservatives or adulterants will in time produce the effect of a big dose. This explains the presence of the signs of boric acid salicylites, copper, lead, zinc, coal tar poisons, etc., in the eyes of people who "do not know of ever having taken these things".

Doctors Don't Believe in Giving Strong Medicines

Some time ago in a public clinic I detected in the iris of a young man the evidences of strychnin, iodin, quinin and mercury. He strenuously denied having taken so many poisons.

"My doctor," said he, "does not believe in giving strong medicines, and I am sure I have never taken all that stuff."

I asked him to bring to the next clinic some of his doctor's prescriptions. A few days later he complied with the request and brought two of the most recent ones. Both contained three of the poisons which the diagnosis had revealed in the iris. Of course he had taken the same drugs many years ago. Otherwise they would not have shown in the iris at the time of the diagnosis.

Records in the Iris More Reliable Than Memory

The following incident illustrates that the records in the iris are frequently much more reliable than the memory of the patient. Several years ago an elderly woman came for diagnosis and treatment. The outer margins of her iris showed distinctly the whitish flakes of arsenic (Color plate, Fig. b, p. 116) and in the left cerebrum a heavy red blotch of iodin. Referring to the signs of arsenic, I said to her, "You suffer with severe pains all over your body and your muscles are sensitive to touch."

>>Pg 2



home | Contact Us| Site Map